Who We Are:
We are teddyand.me – Sewing Patterns for teddy and kids
Our website address is: https://www.teddyand.me
Please contact us on: email@example.com
Founder: Georgia Marshall-Brown
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It:
We may collect, use and store different kinds of data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data – your first name and surname along with other names you may provide and your date of birth
- Contact Data – including your address(s), email address(s) and telephone number(s)
- Your payment details when you purchase a product online
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website
- Technical Data – including internet protocol (IP) address, various browser information including operating system, locational, platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Websites
- Product Data includes your form responses (the data entered and selected within any of our online contact forms or checkout forms)
We may also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for our business purpose. Aggregated data is usually derived from customer’s personal data but does not in any way identify those individual’s concerned. For example, aggregated data used to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
We do not collect Special Categories of Personal Data and we will not share your data with any party unless we have your express consent to do so.
How We Collect Your Personal Data:
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your identity data, contact and marketing and communications data by filling in online forms or by corresponding with us by post, in person, phone, email, social media channels or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, pixels, server logs and other similar technologies. Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We are not currently using a contact form on our website
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics
How We Use Your Personal Data:
- Where we need to effectively perform the service to fulfil a contract you may hold with us
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- To keep you informed of special offers, promotions and features that we believe might be of particular interest to you in harmony with your consent rights
Who we share your data with
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below, in accordance with our lawful basis for the processing of your data:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data to comply with legal obligations
How long we retain your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Rights and Your Data:
Under European data protection laws you have:
- The right to be informed: In other words to be told how we use your data.
- The right to rectification: This means the data we hold on you should be up to date, accurate and complete. When we amend or update your information we will do this without delay and confirm this to you.
- The right to erasure: Sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten. You can ask us to remove your data from our business process and your request will be extended to any party we may have shared your data with. We may retain your data when it is necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims (In affect this will mean your data is segregated from our business process and cannot be processed).
- The right to restrict processing: You can limit the way we use your personal data if you are concerned about the accuracy of the data or how it is being used. You can also exercise your right to restrict the erasure of the data we hold about you.
- The right to object: You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data either in part or in total at any time by contacting us.
- The right to access the data we hold about you: This is known as Subject Access Request.
To obtain a copy of your personal information, please write to us at the contact address below. We will tell you what personal information we hold relating to you, the purposes why it is being processed and to whom the information has been disclosed. We will normally provide this information within 30 days of your request and the service is free, unless your request is complex or numerous.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in respect of any concerns you may have relating to how we have used your data by going to their Website at https://ico.org.uk/
How We Protect Your Data:
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where we suspect that your data has been breached we will notify you and the applicable regulator of this breach when we are legally required to do so.
Our website cookies and how we use them:
Cookies are small data files that are used in conjunction with your web browser. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to us. If you are happy to accept our cookies, that’s fine please keep using our website. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies.
We use the pieces of information that cookies record to help us improve services for you by, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- keeping track of items in your shopping basket
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse the traffic visiting our website
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how consumers interact with our service and helps us improve the consumer experience
- improve security
We may also share information about your use of our website with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How to control and delete cookies:
You can manage your cookies through your own browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor any third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. However if you choose to do this, you may have to manually adjust your preferences each time you visit our website and unfortunately some aspect of our website may not work for you.